It can be tricky packing everything into storage boxes. That's why we have created an essential packing guide to help you quickly and easily get all your possessions into your chosen storage space.
We can supply you with padlocks!
- Always use good quality boxes
- Fill boxes to capacity so they don't collapse and stack similar sized boxes together to maximize your space
- Use smaller boxes for your heavy goods – this makes boxes easier to lift
- Make a list of contents on each box
- Write a complete list of your stored items
- Cover fragile items and table legs in bubble wrap
- Clean garden equipment before storing it
- Plan your storage and packaging space – put heavy items in first to form a solid base and pack those items that you’ll need to access most often close to the door
- Do not place heavy items on top of sofas or mattresses
- Cover soft furnishings
- Stack chairs seat to seat and place paper or cloth between each one
- Leave refrigerator and freezer doors open
- Avoid stacking or leaning furniture against outside walls as this hampers ventilation
- Cover all items with dust sheets or drop cloths